Important! The information you’re about to read was not written by legal counsel or other specialists in the legality of the music industry, but was written by music enthusiasts and for staying in compliance with countries privacy regulations for visitor and / or customers of the website. Though every effort being made or currently making to ensure the information displayed on this website is accurate in nature and data interpreted correctly for your clear understanding, always seek specific legal advice from a legal professional when possible and if needed. Please contact us if you have questions, concerns or suggestions about our Privacy Policies.
We, The Genre Media Group, (hereinafter referred to as either “we” or “us” or “our”, “company”, “website” or the “Genre Media Group or Overlooked Tracks (for this website) respect the privacy of all its listeners, viewers, readers and business partners, and treats personal information (personal data) provided by you as confidential.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the services you display and provide on the Overlooked Tracks website(s) and/or company. Your email address and/or username and if you choose to disclose it, your first and last name and/or the name of your music band may be published publicly (i.e. user accounts, social media comment publishing, customers, purchased products from the website store, etc.).
Once established your username and/or first and last name, or music identity (e.g. band or another music group) may not be removed unless you delete your account or if we decide your account may be a security concern of the information in the possession of the company or considered indecent in nature in order to discredit or discriminate a person, a group and/or organization, or people of a different ethnic background.
2. WE MAY COLLECT AND PROCESS THE FOLLOWING DATA ABOUT YOU:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to a service we may provide, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [if and when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by the Genre Media Group, LLC., and when you report a problem with our website. All of your information is stored on a secure server.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you are not required to respond to them.
Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (ie. total page views and clicks, or a location breakdown of our users). This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. Tools such as Google Analytics would be used for this purpose.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner to promote your distribution of music to customers visiting and /or purchasing content from you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
The Technologies We May Use For This Automatic Data Collection May Include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website(s) may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Certain pages within the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Company does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
The following listing below are some of the parties we may use third party cookies for such actions as advertisement activity, and other online services. Please click on the links of the services below:
What we use when you interact with the website:
When you interact with the website, certain pieces of information are collected may be collected on visitors and / or customers of the website. The following paragraphs listed in this section are examples of what may be gathered:
- If you register on our website, we store your chosen username and your email address and any additional personal information added to your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit this information.
- When purchasing items from the e-commerce portion of the website, information should as names, addresses, and possibly pay information, though, we will utilize such financial portals such as PayPal – An American multinational financial technology company processing operating online payments in many countries that support online money transfers.
- For downloadable products, similar processes will be conducted as stated above.
- If you have registered on our website and utilize our forms to contact a website representative, information may be collected in order to accurately provide support.
- When you leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Information submitted through the contact form on our website is sent to our company email and may be analyzed by MailChimp. For information on MailChimp (Third Party) – An American marketing automation platform and email marketing service for managing mailing list and email marketing campaigns, please use the following link to understand further their services – MailChimp Cookie Statement.
These submissions are only kept for customer service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties not listed in this policy.
We use Google Analytics on our website for anonymous reporting of website activity. No personalized data is stored. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your activity on our website, please use this link: Google Analytics Opt-out.
3. EMBEDDED CONTENT
Pages on this website may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Bit.ly is a link management platform that lets connects to third party websites in order to analyze marketing habits with visitors and potential customers. By utilizing Bitly, links are shortened for sharing, manage and examine links to our content.
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
If you are not a registered client for our site, there is no personal information we can retain or view regarding yourself.
If you are a client with a registered account, your personal information can be accessed by:
- System administrators.
- Our supporters when they (in order to provide support) need to get the information about the client accounts and access.
6. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
When you submit a support ticket or a comment, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it. We use this data so that we can recognize you and approve your comments automatically instead of holding them for moderation.
If you register on our website, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
We use the SSL/HTTPS protocol throughout our site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so that personal identifiable information is not captured/hijacked by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, administrators of the website will immediately take all needed steps to ensure system integrity, will contact affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed.
8. YOUR DATA RIGHTS
If you have a registered account on this website or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we retain, including any additional data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being an active customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).
If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other product-related services to you.
The protection of your privacy is important to us. We will comply with all European General Data Protection Regulation policies for the protection of residents of the European Union. For more details please see here: EU GDPR Information Portal.
9. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website may post links to third party websites on this website. These third party websites are not screened for privacy or security compliance by the Genre Media Group, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
All social media sharing links, either displayed as text links or social media icons do not connect you to any of the associated third parties, unless you explicitly click on them.
10. RELEASE OF YOUR DATA FOR LEGAL PURPOSES
At times it may become necessary or desirable to the Company, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private appellant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a legal directive affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a petition to eliminate the legal directive, or we may take the liberty to eliminate it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in unlawful activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private appellants.
Any passing on of personal data for legal purposes will only be done in compliance with laws of the country you reside in.
11. AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE
We partner with companies to promote music artists and the songs they create. On occasion, this website would display weblinks to music and other related material directing to our partners and upon the purchase of media material, we may receive a commission for that purchase. We only receive that commission from our partners.
The following partners are listed below:
Amazon.com Inc (Amazon) is an online retailer and web service provider. The company provides products such as apparel, auto and industrial items, beauty and health products, electronics, grocery, books, games, jewelry, kids and baby products, movies, music, sports goods, toys, tools and other related products.
Apple Inc (Apple) designs, manufactures, and markets smartphones, tablets, personal computers (PCs), portable and wearable devices. The company also offers software and related services, accessories, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications.